You're interested in leading or joining a team? You like the organized structure of working with a set group of people on a set schedule with specific goals? You know to succeed at those goals requires dedication, progression of gearing, and solid teamwork? Pandamonium offers a structure to address all team needs.
We are primarily a casual community. As such, team creation in Pandamonium is a member-driven activity with basic support from Leadership. All members are encouraged to form new teams and there are no restrictions in terms of how they function. The team can be focused on PvE, PvP, achievements, or any other game area which requires multiple people to work together towards an end-goal. You can lead your own team with a set weekly schedule or you can make yourself available on a casual fill-in basis for other teams. All you need to remember is that "Pandamonium members honor their commitments."
Teams function as independent clusters within the community. Team Leaders have the power to set their own procedures, loot rules, and schedules. All official teams need merely abide by the Pandamonium Charter and related rules.
If you are interested in joining a team, first check the team pages (under Official Teams in the header menu above) to see if any are recruiting and who the Team Leader is that you should reach out to. If all existing teams are full, you should consider signing up to be a substitute or forming your own team. You can check #eq2_teams, #ffxiv_member_availability, #nw_teams, #swtor_teams, or #wow_teams to see who is interested in joining a team or to post your own interest. As a primarily casual community, it may take some time to pull together a solid team that meets your needs. Be patient. For a team to be officially guild sanctioned, the Team Leader must be an active Pandamonium member and the team must be approved by your Chapter Officers. We in turn offer team-specific Discord text and voice chat channels, a team-specific web page with progression and member info, a recruitment pool, and general support from Leadership (including assistance from the Chapter Officers in crafting recruitment messages and working with you on the most effective way to advertise).
You want to form a team but you don't think you're experienced enough to lead one? Keep in mind that leading isn't just about experience. It is oftentimes simply those people willing to put in the extra effort. Pandamonium would love to have as many teams (and hence, Team Leaders) as possible to satisfy members' needs. If you are interested in creating a team, we encourage you to contact your Chapter Officers for more detail about what might be involved.
For Leaders 1. What would you like your team’s primary goals to be? How often will you meet up? What content will you focus on? What will the environment be like?
2. Speak with your Chapter Officers to assist in the initial decision-making and organization prior to posting any specifics on Discord. They will work with you regarding recruiting, loot systems, policies, schedules, and the like.
3. Find other Pandamonium members with similar team values and goals. The team must have a minimum of 50% Pandamonium members. Once your Chapter Officers have given their blessing, you can use the Pandamonium’s Discord to assist in the process, whether it be to scope out interest in the potential creation of a new team, or to actively recruit.
4. When you feel like things are solid enough to warrant making it official, communicate this to your Chapter Officers. Once they grant their approval, you will need to provide the following to Kaisa so she can create your team page: (1) the team name; (2) the team focus (e.g., raiding, achievements, etc.); (3) the Team Leader; (4) the weekly schedule, including start and end times; (5) the team character names and which Pandamonium members, if any, they belong to; and (6) current number of team openings, if any. On a going forward basis, you will need to communicate any changes to the above to Kaisa as well as progression updates, if relevant.
For other Team Members 1. Review current team openings and contact the Team Leaders for more information.
2. If there are no current openings, post in the appropriate Discord teams channel expressing your interest. If you no longer have interest in subbing or finding a team, let a Moderator know so they remove your post.
Above all else, remember that forming or joining the right team can take time. Be patient.
Inactivity An official team will be deemed to have disbanded if, in communication with Leadership, one or both of the below criteria are met:
1. The Team Leader has left Pandamonium, Leadership has contacted the remaining members and given them two weeks to reassign that role to another Pandamonium member, and they have not done so.
2. They have not gathered as a team to "work together towards an end-goal" in 3+ months.